Author Topic: Swaddle help  (Read 899 times)

Offline henrysmomma

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 10, 2014, 10:58:25 am »
As per usual, things are changing with my 7 week old. As of the last two days, it seems as though she's no longer comfortable in a traditional swaddle. I did try the Aussie swaddling last night and it woke her up. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could be doing differently as she seems to want her arms up more?

(We do have her sleeping in a rock and play and I'm wondering if we need to move her to her crib as it seems as though she wants to stretch out more.)

And what are the signs that I need to start working with her to put her down awake?

Thank you so much!!!!!

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Swaddle help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 19:50:31 pm »
Have you thought about a Woombie? They can get their hands up and push on the cloth but the startle reflex is suppressed. Are you asking about sleepy cues or when to start independent sleep training?

Maryn

[/url]

Offline emily3434

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 00:00:06 am »
We also use the rock and play.  Love it.  Mine has switched between the traditional sleep sac swaddle, and wombie.  We used the wombie at that age because he was still more comfortable with hands up.  As he's "woken" up a bit, we swaddle with the sleep sac.  I feel like with each stage and wonder week he needs a little tweaking :)