Author Topic: 9 month old with 5 hour A time and finally getting decent naps..  (Read 900 times)

Offline Loafie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 month old with 5 hour A time and finally getting decent naps..
« on: September 15, 2014, 03:06:52 am »
Hello

I've posted numerous times about my 9 month ( 7.5 month adjusted ) olds short naps ( by short I mean 25-40 mins ) and over the last few days, I've finally got her to nap  at least 1.5 hours by pushing her A time to 5 hours. We were at 4.25 hours for a month where we mostly got 1 hour naps then short naps started again so I pushed A time slowly to where we are now.
Should I be worried that this will backfire on me? This is a huge A time for a 9 month old and my son only did this around the 15 month mark!! She was also 6 weeks prem so this seems crazy!!
Her mood and disposition is absolutely fine and she actually doesn't seem that tired when I put her down! She gets abit drowsy at the morning bf but is easily roused and apart from the odd cry out mid nap, it seems to be going ok. We've had no nw or ew and she is her normal happy self.
Current easy is below:

Wu :6.45-7 am
Bf
Solids
10.30 am Bf
11.30 am lunch
Nap : midday for 1.5-1.75 hours
Small snack
Bf
Nap 5 pm for 15-20 mins ( capped)
Dinner
Bf
Bed 7 pm

Sleeps through.
I'm hanging on to the CN since she goes down easily and seems to still need it.

Is this a crazy routine ? Any btdt advice?
Thanks in advance :)

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 9 month old with 5 hour A time and finally getting decent naps..
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 19:57:55 pm »
No, no not crazy at all. ( Offering big friendly wave from the "Tricky LOs club!") It sounds like to me that you are doing fantastic figuring out what works for YOUR LO, which is what BW is really all about is reading your tot and listening to them! Your night will tell you is your day needs help, typically, and if your night is that long and peaceful, I would say enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Maryn

[/url]