Author Topic: Skipping the 2 AM feed  (Read 697 times)

Offline jay2yay

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Skipping the 2 AM feed
« on: September 25, 2014, 14:13:18 pm »
So, last night *could* have been a fluke, but perhaps I'm actually onto something. My 2 month old is a hefty feller.....not sure what he weighs now but at 1 month he was almost 13 lbs. He's still waking twice at night, not always at the same times. But generally, we have 7 feeds during the day including the "cluster" feed and bed time feed and DF. Then twice at night. Yesterday was an off day because we had running around to do, he slept in, and we were "behind" our normal feeding schedule. So because of that and because we were running around, our feeding schedule went more like, 8:30, 11:30, 3, 6:30, 9:30....and I skipped the DF. He didn't wake up until 4:30! Then he woke up at 6 but I just reswaddled him and put him back to bed and he slept until 7:45.

Should I be feeding him less? Do you think that contributed to him STTN? The only thing is I'm not normally going to feed him at 9:30 pm. It was just that day bc we were out and got home then and he was due to eat.
Justine

Offline jay2yay

• Showing Appreciation 9
Re: Skipping the 2 AM feed
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 14:23:25 pm »
If we weren't "behind" our normal schedule, I guess it would still work out to only feed him 5 times. Example: 7, 10, 1, 4, 7. Then should I skip the DF? Does giving the DF too late contribute to NW? Bc sometimes I don't give it to him until 11:15.
Justine

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Skipping the 2 AM feed
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 08:18:31 am »
Hi sorry this was missed.  I wouldn't read anything into one day, things change so much and so often at this age.  Just follow his cues and if he can happily do 3h between feeds then go along with that.  The dreamfeed should be between 10-11pm for a 7pm BT as later may well disturb sleep patterns.