Author Topic: What should Formula look like?  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
What should Formula look like?
« on: September 25, 2014, 20:04:54 pm »
I just started replacing my 7.5 mo old's 7pm feed with a bottle of formula. I use the Bebivita 2 type
Anyway, I noticed that once I mix the formula, within a few seconds, its thickens up. Is this normal? I'm use to pumping which is a lot more liquidy than this. I do follow the directions exactly. And how soon after mixing should I serve it?
And as to the nipple, should I use a faster flowing one? I have a M size NUK nipple.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: What should Formula look like?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 20:09:29 pm »
Your formula isn't available in the UK so I've no idea, but if you are mixing it as directed on the box with the correct amount of powder to water then I'm sure it's fine. You could always try phoning or emailing the company, there are probably contact details on the packaging.

Some formulas are thicker than others so if it is thicker than the milk he is used to from that bottle with the M teat then I would swap to the fast flow.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 17:17:13 pm »
We used Bebilon comfort and it was so thick that it blocked teats:))). Some formula are just like that. You can either face it with a proper teat (we used Avent 3-kinds-of-flow - no other would work I guess) or hange the formula.
~Marta

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: What should Formula look like?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 14:21:37 pm »
I give it to him now with a straw. :)
Gets it down in like 3 minutes! Works nicely as he's tired and distracted at the end of the day to sit there and take a bottle.