Author Topic: How old was your LO when he dropped his last milk feed (bottle) ?  (Read 1758 times)

Offline lynners

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • My beautiful boys
My DS is now 27 months.  Up until recently we gave him cow's milk in a sippy cup in the morning and at night.  He is now refusing both of them.  I tried various other cups and we are of course adding more dairy wherever we can, but as DS1 didn't stop his milk until he was over three I keep thinking it's too early.

When did your LO's stop having milk?

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: How old was your LO when he dropped his last milk feed (bottle) ?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 22:40:00 pm »
Neither of mine had milk on a regular basis once we stopped breast feeding at 26mo. They do drink milk now but only when they ask for it as a drink. Mostly it is just on cereal for DS2 with the odd cup of milk a couple days a week but DS1 will normally have 1-2 small cups a day totalling about 4-8oz I would guess. They do eat cheese most days but hardly ever yogurt, once a week max. They get fat and calcium from non-dairy sources.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 00:13:07 am »
DS1 stopped milk at bedtime & mornings when he stopped BF, so 13.5mo, although he still had milk in a bottle in the middle of the day (at daycare & sometimes at home) until he was about 20mo & DS2 it was also when he stopped BF, so 17mo.  From those points on it was dairy from other sources. Both boys would drink milk from a normal cup by 2yo & they loved cheese so they got their dairy needs from cheese, yoghurt & milk on cereal etc. At 2yo they only need 500-600ml of milk or equivalent & so yoghurt is roughly equal & cheese is 20-30g = roughly half a cup.

As a general rule (from what I read when DS1 gave up BF) most toddlers have too much dairy & fill up on it rather than getting too little.

dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 05:52:15 am »
My DS is 29 months and still has a drink of milk when he gets up and before bed but it's more of a drink that he likes than anything nutritional, sometimes he will have water or sometimes wait till he has breaki x
Zoe

Offline lynners

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • My beautiful boys
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 18:09:13 pm »
Thank you for your responses.  I feel a lot more chilled about it. I suppose it was because DS1 had so much milk til 3+ that dropping the milk feeds feels really early for me with DS2 at a little over 2.

Nice to know where the others of you are at. x