Author Topic: 18 months old not eating  (Read 3143 times)

Offline yujai

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 18, 2014, 18:37:10 pm »
I am not sure if he is reaching a eating plateau or due to sickness (he was having on and off low grade fever and runny nose).  He used to eat 3 meals a day with snacks and  18-24oz milk (not a water drinker) throughout the day. 

He is a rice super fans.  I usually give him a half bowl of rice mixed with veggies and meat for lunch and dinner and he would anything i put in the rice.

During the last week, he will only eat the first bite of the mixed rice and that's it.  He seems to be okay with eggs (steamed eggs, almost custard like), tofu cubes, yogurt, plain rice and crackers.  Fortunately he still drinks milk and I wonder if I should limit his milk intake to keep him hungry and make room for solid food. 

Does anyone have any advice on this situation?  Or have any LO been using spoon but suddenly want to switch back to finger food?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 18 months old not eating
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 21:20:07 pm »
It could be partly from illness (or perhaps teething?) but at this age 18-24 oz of milk is pretty high. I would try cuttng back the milk to see if that helps.
Heidi

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 18 months old not eating
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:13:49 am »
I agree with Heidi, I'd cut back on the milk now.
Or have any LO been using spoon but suddenly want to switch back to finger food?
This sounds very normal. Even kids much older still like to use their fingers to eat. Mine has been using a fork since about 7 months old (pre-loaded), can use a fork and spoon proficiently and still likes to use fingers to eat regularly and he's over 3yo.