Author Topic: Toys for the plane and Gravol  (Read 1631 times)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Toys for the plane and Gravol
« on: October 20, 2014, 21:24:14 pm »
We're going on a short flight in two weeks to California and I'd love some ideas as to what toys I can bring for DS.  He's 14.5 months at the mo and LOVES to move (lord help us!).  People are also suggesting I give him Gravol to help him take his usual nap on the flight but I'm not so sure how I feel about that...We're sort of assuming the naps will be a bit of a crap shoot and he'll probably sneak in two naps, one en route to the airport, and one en route to Nana and Poppa's.  Thoughts, btdt experience?  He's flown before, same time/same place last year.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Toys for the plane and Gravol
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 02:08:01 am »
Hi hun -
have you seen this: Travel tips and activities for a baby/toddler - BY AIR

Regarding the Gravol - I'd tread carefully with that one -- I know that in some LOs it actually makes them more hyper (ran into a mom in Puerto Rico when dd1 was a baby who had tried it with twins(!) and it actually made them more cranky and hyper so she swore never again!) or it can make them super cranky.  I think as long as he is entertained, he'll be happy enough and if he's tired enough, he'll probably pass out.  Does he sleep in the car?  Mine were tough to get to sleep, even in that car, at that age, so I'd just let them play and entertain them on the plane and then we'd sort out the naps later on in the day. 

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Toys for the plane and Gravol
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 02:51:25 am »
Thanks for the link Erin!  I knew I had come across it at some point but I couldn't find it.  :D  I have also heard mix things and thats why DH and I are a little hesitant.  I think we will take the grin and bare it approach and just ride any storms that come up.