Author Topic: Toddler Rail for Big Bed  (Read 736 times)

Offline goldmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Toddler Rail for Big Bed
« on: October 29, 2014, 13:59:12 pm »
We are planning on putting DS1 (almost 3 yo) into a real bed. He is currently in a toddler bed that was converted from his crib.

Do we need to get a little toddler rail for his big bed, or is he old enough/ready to be in the bed by itself? The bed will be kept along the wall at one side.

What does everyone do?

Offline zeri

• Showing Appreciation 55
    • coffeebeing
Re: Toddler Rail for Big Bed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 17:57:23 pm »
Mine both fell out at that age, but they sleep like windmills. I found that the ones that compress the mattress worked better than the one that just has parts that slip between the mattress and boxspring.
~Lisa~
http://fivecentcandy.wordpress.com/
http://coffeebeing.blogspot.ca/

Spirited Gigglet 2008         Sweet Pickle 2010

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 18:58:03 pm »
My DD is 3 and still has a rail.  Even sleeping in a double bed with one side against the wall at grandma's house she managed to fall out, so now we take it wherever we go!
Emma

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 19:12:21 pm »
Never used one.  DD has been in her real bed for several months now and has fallen out once that I can remember.  I think we just put some cushions on the floor for the first few nights and since then it hasn't been a problem x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 19:24:22 pm »
Never used a rail, did consider getting one when we turned the cot into a toddler bed but it seemed most kids could manage without so I didn't see the point in the end. I did read that a 'bed safari' was worth while though - this is where you spend lots of time in the day playing on and around the bed, walking around, crawling on the bed (right around the perimeter), crawling on and off etc etc, the more you do the more the mental map of the size and shape is built, this is the map that is used during sleep to keep LO in there.
I put a few spare pillows and a duvet on the floor either side but he only fell out about 4 times, he was much younger.