Author Topic: SAHM do you have a structured routine?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
SAHM do you have a structured routine?
« on: November 05, 2014, 09:28:29 am »
I am off on maternity leave the moment with my 10 week old and 2 year old but I feel like my 2 year old is just 'hanging around' most of the day. Do you have a structured day,i.e breakfast, story time, snack, certain types of play as so on so she has different activities to do all day. If so can you please share your day with me.

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: SAHM do you have a structured routine?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 13:39:39 pm »
Our day has looked loosely like this since LO1 ... so for about the past four years!
7 am Up, breakfast, get dressed, do things around the house or go out, or I am doing things in the kitchen with LOs in the garden (right beside me in fact).
10 am snack time, cup of tea for mama, and usually out of the house then.  Or we are out already and have a snack somewhere at this time.
12/12.30 Lunch time
1.30/45-2.30/3 Naps...of course this has moved about a bit but quiet time is after lunch time, depends if LO2 is sleeping or not
3ish Snack time!  And another cup of tea for mama. :)
5.30 tea time
6.15/30 (depending on needs of the day) bath, teeth, pjs, stories
7-8 BED

I try to get out at least once a day for just a walk/scoot and some fresh air even if there's nothing much we need to do.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 16:37:22 pm »
Our week was always planned around baby/toddler groups at the local sure start centres (and of course naps and meals).
I didn't have particular times for certain activities in the day but did find certain things slotted into place well, for instance once DS was up on his feet he liked to play 'toddler band' after dinner and before BT routine started. We would march up and down from living room to kitchen and back with a different instrument each, singing and banging away, then switch instruments and repeat, and repeat and repeat :) it got the last bit of energy out of him before wind down time. That lasted ages then changed to chase and wrestling before WD. Grandmas footsteps and hide and seek, basically he has always needed physical exercise before his WD for BT so it's always accounted for in our routine.
Things like reading books have also fallen into almost set times.  Other stuff though is a bit more random I suppose.
I have had times when I wondered if writing up a time table for myself would help, esp during summer holidays when there are few toddler groups on but in the end have never done it or really needed to.

it may help to set out some invitations to play for DD1?

Offline Pinkviolet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 22:57:00 pm »
Hi there,

I'm a sahm, my lo is only 9 months old so may not be useful to you for your 2yr old but we do have a rough routine. Obviously we follow EASY the best we can!

Mornings tend to go like this ( times vary as he wakes at different times, that's why I love BW as its not a rigid times schedule):

Get up, have milk in bedroom, get dressed, go downstairs for some floor play while I wash up/tidy round and prepare our breakfast. We st together at the table and eat. Then it's more floor play with looking at some books usually while I tidy away the breakfast things. I sometimes read a story after, then it's shower and get dressed time for me and wash face, brush teeth, comb hair for little man. Then we will either go for a walk/park/shops. Then usually it's time for mid morning bottle, followed by some quiet activit, then nap. After nap it's usually lunchtime or soon after. Then we might go out again to the park/ shops ( whichever we didn't do in the morning. If out all afternoon then he'll have a snack if not he'll snack at home. Then fingers crossed we will get  another catnap in before dinner. After dinner it's either pick daddy up from work or listen to nursery rhymes cd and more floor play with toys/standing/crawling around/ peek a boo etc. 

We go to set groups twice a week and try to go to baby gym or sensory once a week too so I fit those in around naps. Also once or twice a week we get the treasure basket out for some exploring play! I try to plan what were going to do, only recently, otherwise I find the day floats by without much variety. I try to get out at least once a day even if its just a ten min walk.

Hope this helps.