Author Topic: Routine  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« on: November 14, 2014, 08:40:32 am »
Hi

Life has been so hectic, so I havent actually give it any thought. We still have 3 feeds a day, am after first (most days only nap) and before bed. os is 1 now.
I know that some switch to cow milk after 1, but as im still BF seems strange to give him cows milk. On te days he is with the childminder he gets formula for his after nap feed.

What does your routine look like?
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Routine
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 02:04:00 am »
Hi Viktoria, just bumping this for you as I have no btdt experience!
Heidi

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 20:27:35 pm »
When my DS1 was 12-14mo he moved to one nap and had the morning, after nap and BT BFs. Then he dropped the nap time feed and just did morning and BT until 24mo when he dropped the morning feed. At 26mo he weaned completely with a little gentle encouragement from me.

DS2 was still on 2 naps from 12-15mo so had two daytime feeds in addition to the morning WU and BT BF. Actually he was often having a NF at 5/5.30am and then skipping the morning WU feed. At 15mo he dropped to one nap and I weaned the EW BF so we just had the morning WU, before nap (he always preferred this to waiting until after the nap from about 6mo, sometimes he fell asleep, sometimes not) and BT feed from 15-23mo (about then anyway). Then he had the morning and BT feeds from 23-25mo when he dropped the morning BF. He weaned completely by 26.5mo.

If I was away for any feeds or we were out and he didn't ask I didn't offer any particular milk replacement although DS2 did drink some cows milk in a cup if he asked (to be like his big bro I think) normally with a solid meal.

Once they are 12 mo+ they don't need formula as they can get all their nutrition from solid food. Breastmilk does contribute to nutrition after 1yo but is most important from the immunity point of view. Cows milk is just a drink rather than a food like breast or formula milks. The WHO recommends BFing until "2yo and beyond" as long as mum and baby wish to. :)
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Florena49

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 14:45:32 pm »
Thank u for your responce. Since I have written this post i have fpind out im pregnant again. Yimes its scary ad exciting, and im just wondering what to do with breastfeeding really. i would like to wrap up, mai ly because we have been sleeping togethe lately and whilst i sme of milk Os wants to eat at night and i ge uonely think its dosturbing his sleep more than it needs to be. We are in the process of renovating the house and hos room will be ready by mid december, so we will be do e with cosleeping and night feeds.

I dont want to be feeding the new baby and still feeding Os i guess.
Viktoria

Offline *Ali*

• Caught in the act!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 21:07:48 pm »
Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

My two are 20 months apart so the last 15 months of BFing DS1 was 9 months through pregnancy and 6 months in tandem with DS2. Many LOs lose interest in breastfeeding during another pregnancy as the taste and consistency changes as well as supply naturally drops. Mine never seemed bothered though.

Check out our FAQ on weaning if you feel you want to go that route now or in the near future. Weaning
We also have a support thread for BFing through pregnancy and in tandem if that is something you decide to do for a while or just want to ask others about. Pregnant and Breastfeeding/Tandem feeding Support Thread part 2

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 04:08:18 am »
Aww, congrats!
Heidi

Offline Florena49

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:07 am »
Thank u ladies, ill have a read, i think weaning for the sake of sleep will be a good idea, although i will miss snuggling with my boy
Viktoria

Offline *Ali*

• Caught in the act!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 10:27:22 am »
You will still snuggle him, don't worry  :-*