Author Topic: 23 month old not eating well  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Destiny_Moon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 20, 2014, 23:30:23 pm »
Hi, first time here.
I have a 23m old boy who hasn't been eating well for weeks.
I try all different things, smoothies worked for a couple of days,  but now he won't have them either.
I get told he'll eat when he's hungry but he doesn't.
He will go all day without if it's not something he likes. And of course what he likes is junk, he may as well eat a cardboard box with flavoring, he probably would if it looked like chips.
I'm starting to worry because his naps during the day have gotten a lot longer this week. From 1-2hrs up to 3-4.5hrs during the day and he sleeps well during the night.
I keep offering food, different food, things he used to eat, whatever I'm eating, what other people are eating, he might have a tiny bit but he hasn't had a proper meal for weeks.
I feel so lost, no idea what to do, wasting so much food
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:09:48 am by Jaime »

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 23 month old not eating well
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 11:29:50 am »
Hi there and welcome to BW :)

Would you mind giving us a little more information please, I have a few questions:
1. could you post his daily routine how it was before his naps and eating went off track, show it like this:
WU (what ever his usual wake up was) 7.00
E (eat) 7.15 milk or solids, how much roughly (so the time and a note of what he ate)
S (sleep) nap time from start time to finish time
...and so on through the day for all naps and meals/snacks/milk until
BT (bed time) 7pm with a note of any NW (night wakings) or NF (night feeds)
WU (wake up time the following morning)

2 could you show the routine in the same way for a recent day, say yesterday or today, or if you don't have a log please begin one today so we can help as best we can

3 any sign of illness or teething?  any history of significant illness?  Have you had him checked with a health professional recently?

4 you say he has a tiny bit of food from various people, could you list some of the foods he will eat and roughly how much (one bite, a teaspoon, 3 chips, whatever it is, just a rough idea)

There are many experienced parents in this community willing to offer support and suggestions for you, and happy to hold your hand whilst you deal with this difficult phase.  Try not to worry too much.