Author Topic: To put my snacker on a 3hr routine?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline jmwahlberg

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
To put my snacker on a 3hr routine?
« on: December 17, 2014, 05:01:44 am »
So... my 11 week old has become a total snacker. She shows hunger cues every 1.5 to 2 hrs... and spits out her paci and cries until I feed her again. She only naps for about 20 minutes at a time, despite my best efforts. BUT at night she sleeps a solid 9.5 hrs, which is magical. I want to put her on a routine because my first kiddo was, and its practically impossible to leave her with anyone else, being unable to tell them what to expect, and feeding her all the time. However, I am worried she won't sleep as well at night if I mess with her eating during the day. Thoughts?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: To put my snacker on a 3hr routine?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:06:34 am »
My DD3 was a great overnight sleeper at this age too and ended up eating loads in the day (we did sort of an EAEAS routine) as I think she needed to jam in enough feeds. If baby is trying to fit all the feeds into 14 hrs then they would end up closer together. The only other thing I wonder is if she is affected by reflux and is feeding frequently due to that and crashing at night because of lack of restorative naps?
Heidi

Offline jmwahlberg

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 17:12:27 pm »
Could definitely be the latter. She usually doesn't spit up much, but I tried to space out her feeds yesterday and it was buckets lol. So should I let her eat smaller frequent meals then?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 04:20:45 am »
If it helps her I don't see why not but if discomfort is keeping her from sleeping well in the day it might worth investigating more closely. Unless it might be a routine thing in which case a post on EASY might be helpful!
Heidi