Author Topic: At 8mo, bottle or solids first?  (Read 1559 times)

Offline watersni

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 18, 2014, 18:05:40 pm »
I know at some point you're supposed to switch and feed baby solids first and bottle after. I don't ever have an issue with my LO being too full from the bottle that he won't eat his solids, but at what point should you switch and have them eating their food first?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 18:47:38 pm by watersni »

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: At 8mo, bottle or solids first?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 18:41:30 pm »
I think it depends where you are. In some countries the recommendation is to switch to food first then milk but in other countries there is no guide like this.
I never switched to food first but instead switched 1 of the milk feeds to a solids snack with a drink of water, then later switched the other milk feed, leaving WU and BT milk feeds plus 3 meals and 2 snacks.  I waited until my DS was less interested in one of his day time milks before switching it.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:18 am »
I did something like Creations as well.  We had milk first then solids until 8/9 months or so, then dropped to 3 bottles a day from 4.  The middle two (at 11 and 3) changed to one bottle before nap at 145pm.  Lunch was solids and afternoon became dinner around 445pm.

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:21:24 am »
We too did the same, although DD still had four bottles a day until around 14 months, she was a hungry baby though so still took really good amounts of solids as well and I know many LOs who switch across earlier. We just dropped the bottles one at a time as they became less interesting to her.
~ Naomi ~