Author Topic: is it meat intollerance/allergy ?  (Read 1464 times)

Offline magdalenapl

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
is it meat intollerance/allergy ?
« on: January 10, 2015, 21:02:46 pm »
Hello Ladies
all the best in New Year for all of you !
I did not post for some time but still struggling with my LOs allergies and reflux days and nights...So difficult to find a minute for writting...

My DS is 9,5 months now. He is on amino acid formula, because he did not tollerate either Bebilon pepti nor Nutramigen. I am trying to introduce some solids since several weeks but we are not very succesfull. It seems to me he does not react well for meat. I gave him only some turkey and rabbit meat and after a few hours he had a rush on almost whole body - ears, neck, chest, tummy, knees, arms...
Can he have a meat / meat protein allergy ?
Magdalena
Mom to Susanna and Jan

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: is it meat intollerance/allergy ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 21:34:52 pm »
I would think it would be down to the specific meat ie either turkey or rabbit (or perhaps even something else he ate that day, what else was he eating?) not meat in general.
Heidi

Offline magdalenapl

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 22:15:27 pm »
In fact there are only several foods he eats, because I introduce it slowly. We tried only rice, millet, apples, bananas, plums, pumpkin, broccoli, zucchini, green beans and potatos. We tried some bread also but he had tummy ache and rash immediately. He does not tollerate bananas (he was very gassy) does not like sour fruits like apples (he simply spits it). He is very sensitive for texture. I have to give him finger foods (like brocolli or potato pieces) or well mashed. If there are small pieces of food not mashed properly (like some well cooked rice or potato pieces) he has vomiting reflex and spits up everything.TBH I feel like I loose control and I am sooooo confused what causes the issue - reflux, food or possibly SA...We have NW several times every night...I have to cuddle him, sometimes even an hour until he will fall asleep again.
Yesterday he eat some rice cereal with plums and pumpkin with turkey meat. He had some rash on the neck. Today he eat also rice cereal with plums and pumpkin with rabbit meat.
Should I stop solids again and give him only formula and wait until he gets better ?
Magdalena
Mom to Susanna and Jan

Offline *foxy*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 14:37:42 pm »
I would stick to foods that you know he's ok with for a few days or until his symptoms have improved. Acidic foods - like apple can cause problems with reflux type problems. If rabbit is a new food he could be reacting to that

*Kate*

Offline magdalenapl

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 14:10:00 pm »
That is what I did and yesterday he eat only some rice cereal with plums and some pumpkin. He could not sleep almost all night....Finally at midnight I gave him nuforen and after 30 minutes he fell asleep finally.. I simply lost my patience and power. I do not remember the night without several NWs...
Today I keep him only on formula.
Magdalena
Mom to Susanna and Jan