Author Topic: What does your LO like to eat when teething?  (Read 1422 times)

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
What does your LO like to eat when teething?
« on: January 23, 2015, 19:03:16 pm »
H is teething pretty badly and is off lots of food but still loves toast, porridge, weetabix, rice cakes, some fruit.  She also enjoys a tuna sandwich, and will have cream cheese or hummous on her toast/bread/rice cake. However, she's not eating much veg or meat at the moment (I am offering eg plain or in casseroles, curries, chowders, tagines etc).

Just wondering what things other toddlers like to eat when they're teething to see if I can give her a bit more variety than what she's currently consuming!
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
Re: What does your LO like to eat when teething?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 19:19:34 pm »
Sweet potato wedges all the way! Has been the same since the beginning I think. Roasted with a little olive oil and mixed herbs. Lately she's liking roasted carrots and parsnips at the same time too hth x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 19:26:47 pm »
My fail safe was and still is jacket potato with beans and cheese!! Loves it  ;D also partial to home made pizza x
Zoe

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 19:52:21 pm »
Bread sticks, he liked the hardness which must have given him some relief from the pain.
Celery sticks are supposed to be good, I tell everyone this but I don't think a single child has ever chomped on a celery stick, ever. It has local anaesthetic qualities so can give relief by being gnawed on then further relief as a natural anaesthetic.

Usually DS went a bit more for the carbs when teething and he is a veg lover.  Sweet stuff like dried fruit too.

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 11:15:06 am »
Thanks for the ideas :)

She does like sweet potato roasted in cubes so I'll give that a go.  I haven't done it for a few weeks.  Yes creations she's happy with breadsticks too.  Haven't tried her with celery and I can't see her actually eating much of it but she might like to chew on it and it's a bonus if it gives her some extra relief too.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old