Author Topic: Waking at 5am normal or just this kid!?  (Read 841 times)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 25, 2015, 20:46:44 pm »
Hi all,
Baby just turned 6months and goes to bed around 6/7pm and usually up by 5:15-6am? Is this the norm for their age? She usually gets 2 x 1:30hrs naps and a cat nap in later afternoon. Irregardless she seems to only sleep til 5am. Are any other moms out there experiencing that same thing with their LO?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Waking at 5am normal or just this kid!?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 13:25:41 pm »
Probably time to get rid of that catnap ;). Have a peek at this: All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months

Let us know if you have any more questions after reading it :)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 09:48:07 am »
So I've been trying to increase her "a" time by 5-10 mins each nap. But because she's gets up so early in the morning she has had 2 naps already by 1pm. I can't let her go from 1-6pm without a nap. So I've just been capping her nap at 3/3:30 to only 30mins. Or should I just cut it out all together? I want her to still get her naps during the day and if I just to straight to 3hr she will be OT. Any suggestions is great!! I've also been trying to cut out the dream feed. Not sure if this all co-insides or is not related at all.

Thanks!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 13:09:35 pm »
Unfortunately there isn't really a quick fix, you just need to keep extending A time to the point you can get to a reasonable BT without needing a third nap.  Until then you'll probably have to keep the catnap but if you keep going, you will get there :).