Author Topic: DS stuffs food in his mouth  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Annie/Calum/Tom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 31, 2015, 20:59:47 pm »
My 15month old ds is a great eater, he will eat anything you give him the only problem is that he shoves everything into his mouth at once. I have to give him food bit by bit on his plate so he wont choke. Any advice on how to get him to take his time with the food would be appreciated, the way he gobbles it down you'd swear i never fed him :)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: DS stuffs food in his mouth
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 21:30:06 pm »
DD3 is like that too...I just serve small amounts as I doubt she will catch on to my "tiny bites" mantra anytime soon. She has choked (glad I have my first aid!) a couple of times but that has not bothered her at all. Of course being my third I kept my reaction pretty low key as I dislodged the food, so as not to freak her out.
Heidi

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 21:45:46 pm »
Could just be a thing he does and a few good gags will teach him in time!! He could though just be a little bit on the low registration or less hypersensitive side- you know some kids only need a small amount of food in their mouth to taste it strongly and feel that their mouth is 'full' and others need more bulk in there to get a sense of the food? Not a problem at all- just natural variation! Perhaps if you up the flavouring in the foods- add some spices, herbs, lemon juice, make it colder or slightly warmer to give it some more 'punch' so that he knows something is inthere. He may actually enjoy the food more too if hes getting more out of it! I of course mean to do this to the appropriate foods- some people like stronger flavours. I know i like heaps of garlic etc- whereas DH can taste the tiniest amount...
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Annie/Calum/Tom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 19:46:57 pm »
Thanks for the advice, good to know he's not the only one who does it.  Now that i think about it he could do with more flavours, thanks  :) :)

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 09:12:44 am »
Worth a go- and it's easy to try!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!