Author Topic: Need to introduce formula but not sure when  (Read 1528 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Need to introduce formula but not sure when
« on: February 09, 2015, 20:39:17 pm »
I wasn't sure if this should be on the bf or bottle board since right now ds is bf. I will be gone over night on Saturday and although I've been trying to pump and get a stock pile I just can't seem to get it where it needs to be bc my mom gives him 2 or 3 bottles when I'm at work one day and I can only seem to get 4 or 5 saved at a time (so for example right now I would need to pump 5 5 or 6 oz bottles before Saturday to cover all of ds needs for Thursday at work and then Saturday ). Also I'm somewhat hoping it might help with his sleeping at night although at this point I'm pretty ok with the nws bc I'm used to it lol. Should I give it to him for bedtime and then pump, should I do a dream feed with it? I'm nervous bc the few times he had it when he was much younger (maybe 3m) he seemed to have an gassy/upset tummy to it...I would like to do it at bedtime or df though just to see if it helps with sleep.

[/url]

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Need to introduce formula but not sure when
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 16:26:57 pm »
All my kids were combination fed at some point (DD's 1 &2 at 3-6 weeks old, DD3 at 5 months). We did the bedtime feed first mainly so DH could do it, it did not help them with sttn (well DD1 did sttn early on but she is a pretty textbook sleeper so may have anyways). If he has had issues with formula I might try it first thing in the morning just in case. What formula did you try before? DD3 did best on Goodstart, she has issues with dairy but it was okay (dairy based but only whey and broken down). 
Heidi