Author Topic: Schedule help for my 10 month old  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Nickie18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Schedule help for my 10 month old
« on: February 16, 2015, 14:41:53 pm »
Our DD has never been as good as sleeper as our DS but now it is getting worse. She is fairly LSN, but now its crazy. she used to sleep through the night from 7:30-7 or so, but now she is waking earlier and earlier and now is at 5:45! She will scream as soon as she wakes and demand to get up. It is also harder to get her down for naps and bedtiem as she now screams when we leave her, stops even if I just enter the room. My hubbie thinks we should keep her up longer to get her to sleep later, but I worry she is OT.

Not sure if devlopmental but I am worried we have her nap time and bedtime off. She seems happy most of the time, but now will scream her displeasure over anything. But this early waking is not good for us or for my 3 year old who wakes with her at 5:45! She is definitely talking more, more curious, getting to more things. Started about 1.5 weeks ago.

Any ideas? Our easy is below...
6am wake
11 nap
wake her at 11:50 to pick up brother
4:15pm nap
wake her by 5:15pm
7:30pm bedtime

Not sure if we should try to go to longer A tiema nd start nap after getting hoem from picking brother up from school? She napped for 2.5 hours when we were able to let her nap after a 5.15h A time... and then EBT and then early waking!

Please help!

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Schedule help for my 10 month old
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 19:46:58 pm »
I think you have a couple of options - try for one nap, if she will do a decent one (2h or more) then aim for a 12.5h day or thereabouts.  Or try and get her down earlier for a morning nap, AP if needed and allow 15-20 mins or so max.  Then maybe around 3.5h A and hopefully a longer nap.  The issue I can see with your current routine is A times are appropriate for a one nap routine (5h and 4.5h before and after first nap) but with the pickup you can't let her sleep long enough.  So you end up with a second non-restorative nap and a very long day, so probably OT from short nights. 

I might try something along the lines of a quick AP car nap if you can at 10am, then a second nap around 1.30pm, 7/7.30pm bedtime.  Even if that's a one-off to get you to a better WU time so you can leap to trying one nap around 12.30, it may work? 

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 03:10:33 am »
Well, today we did
5:45am wake
11:15am-1:50pm nap
6:30pm bed
she screamed, cried, whined for now 35 minutes. She stops screaming as soon as I go into the room and does not start crying until I leave the room. Now finally asleep. Not quite sure what to make of it.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 08:08:06 am »
Bed too late I think, I would maybe try for closer to 6 if you have another similar day.  Have you thought about trying the short am option?

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 00:44:31 am »
Thank you- we tried the short nap and then the longer nap and BT at 7pm and it was a disaster. She woke at 3am and then again at 6am. today we are trying one nap after 5.5h A time and 12.5 hour day. She is a tough cookie to figure out...

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 09:33:26 am »
Yup, got one of those myself!

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 13:50:10 pm »
So our easy yesterday went great during the day.
Wake 6
Nap 1130 (she fell asleep at 1145)
She woke at 1:30
Bed 6:30 ( she fell asleep after minimal crying at 7pm

But now she wakes at 5:30! Standing up screing. Have her 4 ounces just to see if hungry??? And she was quiet until I went to leave. Now rolling around her bed whining 30 minutes later... I gotta fix this as she wakibg everyone up including her 3 year old brother! He's exhausted all the time now...

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 14:47:00 pm »
OT hun....again I would have gone for 6pm BT x

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 15:01:10 pm »
A 6pm BT is never an option since I do not get home until 6:30pm from work.

We changed to 2 naps to see if that would work. for about a week, she was sleeping until 7am after BT at 7 or 7:15pm (my hubbie did nearly BT 2 days). She seemed back on track and then started waking up earlier and early.

yesterdays EASY:
wake 6am
nap 10
wake 11:15
nap 3:15- she would not go to sleep- finally after bottle at 4 she went down at 4:15
she woke at 5
BT 7 no crying

woke this am at 5am. tried everything and would not go back down. she seems perfectly happy and awake and smiling. and woke everyone else up too.

Maybe now too short A? SHe gives no sleep cues to anyone- me, hubbie, nanny....

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 09:44:48 am »
Ah ok, in that case you need to work out a 2 nap thing that you can manage (may mean a loooong day and short night) or if you want to stick with one nap, shoot for the routine you can actually manage.  So that's probably a 12.30 nap and 7pm BT?  Will be a stretch at first but you may be able to power through some OT?

Do you have DST coming up soon?  (Sorry not sure where in the world you are)