Author Topic: Just Started EASY could really do with some help  (Read 946 times)

Offline cypherkitty

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Just Started EASY could really do with some help
« on: February 19, 2015, 19:05:41 pm »
Hi guys,

I have just started my LO on the EASY routine. LO is 1 month old. I started today, but have previously done the technique with my older son (albiet almost 9 years ago so I am a little rusty)

LO suffers with silent reflux and is on Renitidine and Domperidone to sort out the issue and has also been put on comfort milk.

The routine started a little late this morning but it was ok

E - 8.30
A - 9.00
S - 9.20 (took him 40 minutes to go to sleep even though he was tired. Woke up at 10.45 and refused to go back to sleep, I put him in a carrier and he slept from about 11.05 to 11.30)
E - 11.30
A - 12.15
S - 12.40 (Put him in his car seat as we were going to my Grandparents, slept in the car and woke up about 1.45 and went back to sleep on me until next feed
E - 2.30
A - 3.15
S - 3.35 (Fell asleep in the car until 4.35 and then didn't really go to sleep until about 5.00 and was still only dozing)
E - 5.30 ( This is where it all goes to pot as he is now OT because he didn't have a decent sleep and then after his bottle screamed until 7.00 and he still wasn't asleep. So I know that he is going to be stupidly irritable and I doubt the cluster feed is going to work as he is just so tired. )

Does anyone have any ideas how to combat this refusal to sleep?

He doesn't have any cues, apparently I have read that reflux babies cues are all messed up, because he has one sleep cry which he doesnt do until its too late.

Help!

Offline cypherkitty

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Just Started EASY could really do with some help
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 00:29:04 am »
Update - He refused cluster feed one and then cried until bath time at 8.30. Tried to settle him down for bedtime feed and he took about an 1oz 1/2 and them kept of screaming and crying until 10.20 to which he them passed out.

It isnt normal for him at all. Please if anyone has any ideas i would be most grateful

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Just Started EASY could really do with some help
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 17:26:00 pm »
Welcome to BW! Hey there hun, so sorry your got missed! Reflux can make sleep so very tricky, going to ask for some Reflux eyes to have a look here. Have you read this?
Sleep and the reflux baby

Maryn

[/url]