Author Topic: Meal and snack advise during growth spurt for 3.5 yr old  (Read 1590 times)

Offline lilybug25

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
Meal and snack advise during growth spurt for 3.5 yr old
« on: March 10, 2015, 15:31:40 pm »
DD2 ( 3.5 yrs) has just gotten over a cold and after barely eating for 2 weeks but last night her appetite came back.
 She had 2nd helpings last night at supper and got up at wolfed down her oatmeal at 6:30 am this morning then eat some of her sister's cereal. We came home from dropping DD1 at the bus and she asked for the remaining oatmeal (another full bowl). I think she is in a major growth spurt (she also just outgrew 3T pants in the legs and are now in 4T). I have never seen her eat so much before and keep saying " more please". Its 9:30 now and I just gave her a snack. My mom is bring homemade soup for her in a hour.
What snacks, meals do you make during a major growth spurt? Anything the doesn't include chesse would be great.Any milk based or includes milk would be fine as I have 2L of goat milk in the frig right now. I need heavy foods that can last more then a hour  ::).
Thanks 

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Meal and snack advise during growth spurt for 3.5 yr old
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 15:40:11 pm »
Can you make rice pudding with the goat's milk? Pudding rice, goat's milk, sugar and nutmeg, bung it in the oven on low for a couple of hours.

Protein-heavy stuff might keep her fuller for longer, too.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 20:18:15 pm »
Homemade flapjack oats are slow releasing energy, jacket potato and baked beans always work wonders here to keep DS full and he eats like a monster.
Zoe

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 20:31:58 pm »
I make sure that I make good wholesome meals ie pasta, roasts etc. Bananas are filling for snacks.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 22:02:50 pm »
I don't usually give anything specific for a GS, but more and extras of all sorts of things including fruit (definitely bananas he will ask for one as soon as he is up if he's having GS), veg, crackers, muesli, oaty chews (flap jack type sugar free thing)
I did cook up lots of cocktail sausages during a GS at 3yo though, I cooked them all in one go then froze them and lifted several out each day.