Author Topic: Help starting 5wk old on EASY routine  (Read 867 times)

Offline hanflan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 13, 2015, 12:24:43 pm »
Hi all!
I am keen to start introducing more of a routine with my baby, she is 5 weeks old and sticks roughly to the EaSY schedule all by herself, however I do have a couple of questions. Occasionally she will nap for longer during the day which then eats into the next feeding window. If it gets close to an hour into the next EASY window,  do I wake her up?! I hate the thought of waking her but also don't want it robbing her night sleep time!
Also, she is still waking pretty much every three hours for feeds at night. As she is still very young, shall I leave this alone, or is there anything I can do to help her sleep longer between feeds? It is probably important to mention she is formula fed.
Thanks for your help!

Offline hanflan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help starting 5wk old on EASY routine
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 12:30:34 pm »
Also important to note that can't dream feed as she is a bit colicky and suffers from reflux so a feed always fully wakes her! :)

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Help starting 5wk old on EASY routine
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 00:40:53 am »
Hi there, welcome to  BW! So sorry you haven't had a reply yet. I wouldn't let her nap more than 2 hours at a time in the day time in order to keep her days and nights sorted out. I would fully expect a 5 week old to NF every 3 hours, this will get better! What is begin done to help with the reflux?

Maryn

[/url]