Author Topic: Refuses to sleep in pram or car seat, help with naps?!  (Read 970 times)

Offline hanflan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Refuses to sleep in pram or car seat, help with naps?!
« on: March 13, 2015, 17:25:45 pm »
My baby is 5 weeks old on Tuesday and the EASY routine works well when we at in the house all day. Unfortunately, she hates being in her pram and car seat and cries the entire time we are out. She does not fall asleep, regardless of how tired she is!
How on earth do I get anything done out of the house? She can stay awake crying for the entire time we are out and it throws nap time out of the window and then she ends up massively overtired for the rest of the day. Help! I can't find any answers because everyone seems to have the opposite problem and can't stop their babies sleeping in the pram or car seat!

Offline Emami

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: Refuses to sleep in pram or car seat, help with naps?!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 17:39:09 pm »
My first would always sleep out and about, my second not so much! I don't have an answer because she's 4 months old now and still doesn't really do it, but I have a couple of thoughts. First of all it gets easier as their A times get longer as you have more if an opportunity to get out before they need to sleep again. 

Do you have a carrier or sling that she likes? That could be an alternative to her crying in the stroller. I've done errands with DD2 strapped to me and she'll sleep that way.  I've also just ordered a snooze shade and am hoping that works to get her to sleep in the stroller by taking away the visual stimulation. She has always been very alert.
Emma

Offline hanflan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 17:42:02 pm »
I do have a sling, it's a bit hit and miss depending on her mood but I could try it! Thank you.

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 19:40:47 pm »
Try the sling :)

My touchy LO1 would flat out not go in his buggy til 9 mo, much less sleep in it. Loved his sling tho, helped him cope with the stimulation of being out, so he was calmer, and he also enjoyed nodding off in there sometimes.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.