Author Topic: Out and about bottle questions  (Read 1606 times)

Offline babyrose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
Out and about bottle questions
« on: March 19, 2015, 19:45:27 pm »
this is the first time I've formula fed so I'm a bit clueless. I've got cartons of formula and I got the tomme tippe disposable bottles, tried them yesterday and my babies don't like them. I need to see what I can do for tomorrow. I've read that putting sterilised bottles together was ok for a few hrs?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Out and about bottle questions
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 20:40:38 pm »
I used to make up bottles and keep them in fridge, if out and about keep them with a cool pack in cool bag for a few hours...think it was 4 hours but memory but sketchy. Or I'd take the cartons and a couple of sterilised bottles out with me to use x
Zoe

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 20:47:55 pm »
If you sterilise bottles and put them together empty (make sure the lids are on properly) then they are meant to be good for 24 hours, we used to just keep them on the counter. If you are taking ready made cartons just take the bottles they are used to which have been sterilised and assembled and they will be fine to use!

Laura

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 20:54:09 pm »
If I know the feed is imminent I make it up and put it in a thermal bag to keep it warm, if I know it's within the hour really. I sometimes make it a bit too warm so it will be a good temperature when I use it.

If I'm out for longer I tend to take my sterilised bottle, powder in a separate container, a sterile bottle with cool boiled water and a thermos with hot water. I then mix the whole lot eg 2oz hot water, then the powder, then add 2oz of cold water to make it the perfect temperature.

DS doesn't much like cold formula  ::).  I use a perfect prep machine at home so it is always warm.

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 21:01:40 pm »
Thanks Zoe, I'm only going out for a couple of hours so either of them would do.

Thanks Laura wow that's great! Certainly helps having things just ready.

Thanks Liz, we also have the prep machine it's brilliant isn't it?! I may try a few those ideas

Thanks ladies  :)