Author Topic: dream feed won't work  (Read 1302 times)

Offline sunflower321

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: March 29, 2015, 23:14:29 pm »
Does the dream feed work for most people? I never got it to work with dd1 because she was just too tired so I couldn't do it and she just woke at 4. But with dd2 it's more important that I try to get a night's sleep because I can't sleep late in the morning because of dd1. So I'd really like to get it to work if I can. She's only just starting to independently sleep now so we're not really on a routine but one thing that is becoming routine is bt. She's starting to go every night at 8pm. I know it's late but she will get earlier as time goes on. So I try the dream feed at 10.30 and she's just too tired. I've tried it without waking her and I've tried it with waking her but neither makes any difference. I've even taken her downstairs to the sitting room to fully wake her but she still falls asleep. She only takes about 50ml which can't make much of a difference can it? She sleeps til about 6 which is good but some nights it could be 5. Is it worth pursuing it do you think or should I just accept it doesn't work for me? I'm afraid that in the future during a growth spurt she will start waking more for feeds and if I drop it now her body clock will adjust and it will be impossible to get her to take anything.
I nearly forgot to say she's 3 months
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 23:16:10 pm by sunflower321 »

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: dream feed won't work
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 23:33:52 pm »
If she's sleeping too deeply to take a feed, try giving it to her 30 minutes earlier, in a different part of her sleep cycle. We did OK for a while, and then around 4 months the sleep cycle seemed to change and we couldn't get ours to take one - but by then she was sleeping longer anyway so we didn't fight it.

But I'd start there, by shifting the time you're trying it.