Author Topic: nap time please help  (Read 1227 times)

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: April 07, 2015, 13:50:20 pm »
my dd of 13 wks is having trouble with her naps again. taking 40min to wind down(although she is now a happy chatter/smiling face to herself). especially for her morning nap now. do I let her sleep for 1.5 hrs or wake her up on schedule and try next nap.
also why she is awake for so long? it's mornings now and she used to go unruly for evening naps (lots of crying)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: nap time please help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:08:51 pm »
Hi would you Ming posting your routine for us to take a peek at? It does get really tricky around this age for sleep, but hopefully something might jump out at us to see if we can tweak something. This link is handy in the meantime Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 16:24:07 pm »
she just got off any reasonable routine, as her feeding also got off (very short feed, sometimes she lasts 3 hrs after sometimes not) and naps are off. generally, I am trying to keep it to 3 hours routine with 15 min winddown and pretty much NO catnap because she really doesn't do it.
in the mornings, she is so fussy at the breast it can take very long time to finish.
her day is about this way:
7 E
so fussy an eater that last couple of days very little/none to activity, other than change nappy
8:30 S  (15 min before winddown in bed). Doesn't go to sleep easy can be talking for 30-40 min. the falls asleep and wakes 30-45 min after, then may go to sleep again but not always...
9 E
what's left of wake time, A
11:30 S (15 min before winddown in bed) trouble to go asleep, but again a happy chatter. goes down, awakes after some time, can go to sleep again after some time.
13 E
Some activity then go out in a stroller
14:30 S outside. usually goes well but with some wakings.
16/16:30 E always uncertain whether to let her sleep enough to last for the bath time (because she hates catnap) and catch up on lost sleep during the day.
Some A
17:30 trying catnap if wakes at 16:00, worked only once
18:00 pre-bath time, bath, eat, sleep.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: nap time please help
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 05:59:31 am »
If she's chatting away hun it may be that she needs a slight bump in A time. Wdyt about adding on an extra 10mins and seeing if that helps? I'm thinking she might be going to bed slightly UT then getting OT by the time she goes to sleep?

Otherwise I think you're doing great. I would keep the day short too to catch up on missed sleep x

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 15:45:55 pm »
thank you, I shall try that