Author Topic: Twins sleep schedule  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Anders45

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Twins sleep schedule
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:16:03 am »
Hey guys,

I have 4.5 mo twins and I am not sure what to do about their schedule. Twin 1 is 12 lb and twin 2 is 14 lb. I have been trying to keep them on the same schedule/routine to save my sanity, but I'm not sure I twin 1 is ready for a 4 hour schedule where twin 2 is thriving on it. I've tried following them individually and I was exhausted those couple of days. So... Would it be better to put twin 1 on a 4 hour schedule prematurely, put twin 2 on the 3 hour schedule again, or to just suck it up for a month or so until twin1 is ready for the four hour routine?

Also, twin 1 has been NW. How do I know if it is habit or hunger? They were sleeping through the night until about three weeks ago. I just started them on the 4 hour routine last Thursday.

Thanks for your insight.

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
Re: Twins sleep schedule
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 08:39:20 am »
Hi! If you feel one of them really isn't ready for that routine I'd probably follow his cues. I didn't sync mine till 6-7 months b/c their awake time were quit different and I just found it too stressful to try to sync them. Sometimes naos would overlap sometimes they wouldn't at all and it can get exhausting I know :( if twin 1 is struggling on the 4hrs that could be causing the nw, could be ot or could be that he's not getting enough milk on the 4hr routine.... Does any of that make sense?
Xxx

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Anders45

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 09:54:23 am »
That totally makes sense. Their night wakes were the reason we decided to try the four hour schedule. Also, three nights ago I started giving twin 1 a second df at 11:00 pm. That isn't a bad thing is it?

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 11:16:20 am »
Hey hon- i'm going to move this post to EASY- even though you have twins this board is generally more about managing 2 differently aged siblings rather than sleep schedules.. you'll also probably get more eyes on it there too! More heads in the game..
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 06:28:21 am »
Are they both the same sex and are they identical? Are you bfing?

Mine also weren't synced till about 6/7 months. I had one up one down for ages. Have you got any help?
LAURA xx