Author Topic: Struggling with teats again  (Read 1306 times)

Offline *Liz*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
Struggling with teats again
« on: April 15, 2015, 20:10:05 pm »
Thomas has a size 2 MAM, and feeds are getting very slow again ie 30-40mins to take 4-5oz. If he has 4oz he will struggle to even manage 3 hrs. He is going sleepy on feeds even after silly short A times.

I tried a 3 and it drowned him  >:(. Milk everywhere.

What next?? Keep trying  ??? ???.

Here was today on a size 2....

8am 5oz but took it in 2 20 min sessions (last NF was 6oz at 4am)
11.30am 6oz
3pm 6oz
4.15pm - pitched a fit - turned out he was hungry - had another 3oz
6.30pm - pitched another fit - likely OT this time - had 4.5oz bedtime feed and passed out in a heap

He has 1-2 NFs of 5-6oz. If the afternoon goes to plan he has 6-7oz at bedtime. Rest are 4-6oz.

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 13:04:18 pm »
Is it possible he could get used to the level 3?

Do you have any other bottles hanging around to try?  I used to put water in two different nipples and hold them up side by side to compare and see if the nipple from a different bottle would be just a bit faster, but not too fast...I ended up using a few (or five, lol)  different bottles with her, because she was really picky about the flow, and sometimes needed it just a bit faster.

DD2 was very different from her sister, who used one bottle the whole time she was bottle fed.

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
Re: Struggling with teats again
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 08:37:31 am »
I have a couple of dr Browns, will give it a go. Size 1 always gave faster flow on the dr browns than the MAM, so perhaps it will with size 2 as well.

He does seem like one to get set in his ways  ;), but mama knows the flow is too slow.