Author Topic: 3.5 months , late bedtime  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 18, 2015, 19:14:29 pm »
Hello,
My little one is 3.5 months old.
Easy:
Wakes and eat : 6
S:6:30-8:20
S:9:50-11
E: 11
S: 12-13:30
E:14
S:2:50-3:30 ,wakes up and go back to sleep with shh till 16:40
E:17:150
S:6:30-19:10
E:19:30
S:8.30 going to bed but falling asleep at 22:00
E:03:30
E:6:30
 She is going to sleep pretty late -10. In bed from 8:30.  We put her as 6:30 but she wakes up after 40 min.
How can I make her go to sleep earlier ? In the morning she is tired after 6:30 and continues to sleep after food. In best she is crying a bit and fussing , spitting her paci til we bring it back

Her easy is t the same every day. Her naps changes. But most of her long sleep is till 13:00.  At noon I try to prolong her sleep and it rarely works.  Usually she wakes up after 40 min.

Thank you
Alisa

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 3.5 months , late bedtime
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 03:50:14 am »
Hi Alisa,
It looks to me like her wake-up is really around 8/8:30 rather than 6/6:30, if she's going back to sleep after that 6am feed. :-\ A bedtime of around 8:30 would make sense, then, but she's not falling asleep until 10? What is happening for that hour and a half?

It also looks to me like she may be in need of a little bump in A time, if she's needing to often be resettled at the 40min mark and is having trouble settling at BT. She's basically got three full naps plus a CN, which is probably on the verge of too much. As you near 4mo, I think you'd want to be aiming for only three naps.

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 06:25:55 am »
hi'
so u saying more A time? to all naps during all day?  although she seems tired..
from 8:30-10 she is in bed , loosing her paci and we plug it back in' crying a bit.we r sitting besider her' as we get up she starts to cry.
some days her naps longs only 40 min so she looks cranky all the time' and still the bedtime is late.

Offline katie80

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 23:47:01 pm »
so u saying more A time? to all naps during all day?  although she seems tired..
Probably, esp if you are getting more and more 40min naps... sounds UT. Average A times- BOOKMARK ME! Babies can get 'used to' sleeping at a certain A time, so she could be giving unreliable cues. If you want, you can stretch just one A time at a time.

Is she drowsy when you put her to bed? Is she an independent sleeper at naps (with the paci)? Is there anything that could be over stimulating her before bedtime, i.e. do you bathe her every night, is DS still up at that point, does she have a good feed and burp before going down? Do you use white noise?

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:45:19 am »
the last 2 days she waks at 8 and  increased her A time to almost 2 hours. she still getting 40 min naps' in the morning sometimes she sleps 1.30 when we r outside in a stroler. but ath ome only 40 min. i try to extend her slepp with the paci and shh and pat' works only for 10-15 additional minutes.
we dont use white noise.sometimes my DS is still up 'sometime he isnt.i bathe her in the morning,
most of the times i need to bring the paci back a few times till she is asleep.

Offline katie80

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 14:10:41 pm »
Hmm, well 2hr is quite a jump from 1h20min. Usually we recommend to add 10-15min at a time and let them get used to it. It sounds like you have maybe hit the developmental short nap stage, or the paci is becoming a bit of a prop.

How long has the bedtime settling been a problem? It's possible it's also developmental... sleep can go a bit wonky around 3.5-4.5mo. :-\

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 19:34:43 pm »
Th bd settlement was always late. If it's developmental short naps : is there something I can do? Or just leave it as it is?
Today she was very tired , fell asleep imeadeadly and still woke after 30 min and was very cranky since then.

Offline katie80

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 22:25:28 pm »
There's often not a lot you can do for developmentally short naps, except try to resettle. It sounds like she's maybe gotten OT with the big jump in A time and 30min naps.

What does your BT wind down look like? If you held her longer, would she fall asleep in your arms? Is she drowsy when you put her down?