Author Topic: Early days with two, can't get him in the cot!  (Read 838 times)

Offline Jakeneli

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Early days with two, can't get him in the cot!
« on: May 03, 2015, 00:56:15 am »
Help! I'm in the same position. We just fought for 30 min for my son to go down for a nap. He woke after 30 min. Tried shhpat in and out of cot for 30 min before I gave up and he is now sleeping on my chest when he should be feeding. I m going insane, and feel so sorry for my 2 yr old who is getting no time with me and seeing me cry all the time :(

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: Early days with two, can't get him in the cot!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 11:31:27 am »
Sorry to hear all that hun. Hope we can help. Can you tell us what age your son is? Does he have a routine at all (even very roughly)? If he's very little, I really wouldn't mind cuddling him or feeding him to sleep and then putting him down.  If you have a sling, that can be a great easy nap option.

I really want to say though that the first weeks with two small ones is really tough. So if you have any support around you, use it, take a break, have a nap, do something to recharge your batteries, for your own sake but also for your little ones.

I have split your post off, and created a new thread for you. That way you'll get more eyes. You might like a different title!

But keep talking, hun, and we'll help as much as we can.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:33:56 am by weaver »
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.