Author Topic: Pear problems  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Pear problems
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:18:22 am »
Does anyone have any experience of pear causing night poo problems? I gave my LO pear for the first time yesterday and he filled his nappy in the motn. Is this something that happens when they are getting used to having solids or maybe something pear related?!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Pear problems
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 10:42:00 am »
Hi there.
I didn't have problems with pear and night poo but my LO did kind of vomit with pear, it caused him a bad reflux flair up (he was on meds for silent reflux but could have flair ups with a few things). I was quite surprised as pear is one of the food that are considered gentle on the tummy but yk anyone can react to anything.
I would stop pear for a couple of weeks, let his gut calm down and then perhaps try again at a time when you know nothing else is going to be in question.  This reaction may be pear or it may be the start of an illness which is coming on.

Introducing solids certainly can effect bowl movements and can cause night disturbances. Many people like to begin with breakfast or lunch to give LO time to digest during the day and for any reactions to happen before night time.

I'm just going to move your thread over to food allergies as there may be more experienced eyes over there.

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:58:43 am »
Thank you for your reply.

He did have bananas for a few days which I knew could bung him up but he still had a bm each day so I thought he was ok. But maybe it affected him more than I thought and the pear sorted that out and so out it all came?!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 09:02:15 am »
Pear is also high in fructose and some LOs are sensitive to fructose. For my ds2 it contributed to his colic, reflux and bowel problems.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline stuckunderhere

• Showing Appreciation 2
    • Micah's FPIES Life
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 13:37:08 pm »
They are also a good constipation cure. Just like prunes... maybe that's all it is. You unclogged everything
~Sarah~
Proud mama bear to:

Samuel - 10
Elijah - 6
Micah - 3

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 15:56:46 pm »
if the pear is very soft and ripe, it will help with constipation or cause a bm. In fact its a great fruit to have to stay regular. when ready try giving it in the am with breakfast or something earlier in the day,
9 and 6, oh boy!