Author Topic: 4 month old suddenly not settling  (Read 664 times)

Offline sunflower321

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 08, 2015, 19:44:45 pm »
My little girl is 4 and a half months. Since about 2 months old I've been putting her down awake for naps and night and she settles herself to sleep swaddled with her soother in less than ten minutes with no intervention from me. She sleeps from 8pm to 7am with a small df at 11. Last night she woke at 10, 12, 1 and 3. Not for a feed. Crying and taking about fifteen minutes to fall back asleep. This was totally out of the blue and I hoped a one off bad night. But tonight she went to bed at 7.30 (a half an hour earlier than usual but she was tired) it's only 8.45pm now and she has already woken 5 times! So it looks like it's going to be another unsettled night. Any ideas why she would suddenly go like this. From an excellent sleeper to not being able to settle. I'm suspecting teething. Does it sound like teething to you guys? Or does anything else jump out?

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: 4 month old suddenly not settling
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 21:24:30 pm »
Has she got red cheeks/chewing things/upset in the daytime? She's kind of young to be teething but not impossible. Or it could be the 4 month sleep regression, or she's needing a routine tweak. Or she's upset at losing her soother? Can you post her routine in EASY format?