Author Topic: 10mo naps & Ew?  (Read 927 times)

Offline Ayesha19

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10mo naps & Ew?
« on: May 14, 2015, 08:57:26 am »
Hi,

I'm struggling with my 10month old dd2 routine at the mo, she has an awake time of 4hrs but this is pushing the second nap too late so I'm waking her. The problem is she has been struggling to get to sleep at night (not going off till around 8.30) when I put her down at 7pm.

I've read they can show signs of the 2-1 transition at this age but isn't she's too young yet for 1 nap?
She seems to be getting more & more overtired, should I shorten her A time?

An average day at the moment is like this:

Wake: 6.30am
Nap 1: 10.30am-12pm
Nap 2: 4pm-4.45pm (I've been waking her as its so late but she's still tired)
Bed: 7/7.30pm

So last night I put her to bed at 7pm and she didn't fall asleep till 8.30. This morning she woke at 4.45am ??? Managed to get her back to sleep till 5.45 when she was up for the day!
So nowhere near enough sleep.

Any ideas?
Thank you x

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 10mo naps & Ew?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 12:10:48 pm »
Definitely sounds like the 2-1 hun. There's not enough hours in the day are there? The transition does take time, so she may not be ready for one nap yet, but she's on her way there.

I'd look at capping that second nap to 30mins and see if that helps with the BT issues. The idea will be to move the first nap out later gradually and capping more off the second nap. Maybe try for the second nap a little earlier if she'll do it? It would be better if she only needs a CN here, so perhaps try at 3.5hrs A?

This link explains it really well, but do pop back if you need anything clarified. From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)

Also, this is a great thread to talk to others that are in the same boat x Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:15:27 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline Ayesha19

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 13:29:14 pm »
Thanks for your reply.

I thought that was what was happening, yes will try a 3.5hr A time in the pm see if that helps.

Thanks for the link, I'll have to see how it goes  :)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 14:41:15 pm »
Good luck hun. You can but try, that's always my motto! Problem may be that she starts refusing that second nap, but we can always come up with a plan  ;). Keep me posted ok? X