Author Topic: 4 months party at night  (Read 901 times)

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 19, 2015, 17:23:47 pm »
hello.
my lo is on easy.
wakes at 8:15
nap:10-11
nap:13:15-15:45
nap:5:30-6:10
bed time :7:30
at night she wakes at 3 or 4 ' eats' and stays up for an hour or more just bubbling and playing.
sometimes she wakes at 2- eats and then wakes at 5 and eat agin but very little. also doesnt take full feed' only one side. breastfeeding.
what can be done with the party ?
how can i stop the feeding at night? tried give her a paci but she wakes after an hour again.
thank you

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 4 months party at night
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 17:54:08 pm »
Hi there,

Your routine isn't a typical EASY routine - do you prefer the short-long-short type of routine?  My thoughts looking at it are that your LO has a short day of 11h15 with over 4h day sleep so I suspect the NWs are due to UT.  Could you push your third nap slightly later +/- cap it shorter and push bedtime a bit later too?  Aiming for a good 12h day?  So say 5.45-6.30 and BT 8/8.15pm?

Night feeds are normal at this age especially if breastfeeding so I wouldn't actually recommend doing anything about those right now.  Tiring I know to get up at night but it's part of having a baby ;)

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 18:24:53 pm »
i can try that. the prob is she is getting really cranky at 7:30 and falling asleep without a problem. sometimes she isnt willing to take a nap at 5:30-6 so she is basically trying to sleep for 2 hours till 8' while she crying and we r sitting near her and giving her paci back.

i read that tracy said at 4 month its ok to win down from the breastfeeding' and my lo doesnt eat well at nigh' she falls asleep after a bit. so thats why i think about winning her down

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 17:51:53 pm »
It's important to note that breastfeeding research and advice in general has moved on since Tracy wrote her books. If she was still with us today we like to think that she would have updated her books to reflect this.  It is well established that breastfed babies at four months need one, two or even three feeds overnight so I personally wouldn't actively think about weaning night feeds unless they were excessive or once solids are fully established at 7-8 months+.

If she refuses the catnap can you bring bedtime earlier so she doesn't go to sleep overtired?  Or can you get the nap in the car/stroller so she doesn't refuse it?

I do think that a cut in her daytime sleep is probably needed, or a longer day, so pushing her routine on a little should help.  She may be more willing to take a catnap if you offer it later closer to 6 instead of 5.30 (1h45 is on the short side after a mammoth 2.5h nap) and that will give you a longer day.

Offline Alisa masik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 20:14:04 pm »
We have been following your advice those 2 days. Meanwhile no change. Hope for the best ;)
Thank you

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 06:57:00 am »
It can take a while to see any changes, I'd stick to it for 4 days to a week and if no change come back to us with an update and we'll see if there's anything we can help you adjust x