Author Topic: How long for dream feed to work/kick in? X  (Read 1516 times)

Offline jasmina101

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How long for dream feed to work/kick in? X
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:45:34 am »
Last 3 nights baby gone down at 7pm takes 5/6 ounces of milk at bed then I wake her for df at 10-1030 she has taken 3 more than 1.5 to 3 ounces of milk and still wakes at 3/4 for a feed, jus wondering how LONG I should keep trying this ? I have thought of not doing it and jus leaving her and see if she still wakes at 3? I'm jus scared she will wake Earlier at like 12 or 1 because after that stretch she wakes HOURLY 😞😴 thanks in advance ! Xx
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:52:26 am by jasmina101 »

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: How long for dream feed to work/kick in? X
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 13:00:11 pm »
How old is your baby?

Having a DF at 10/10.30 and then waking again for a feed is to be expected really, the DF isn't meant to keep them going until morning, especially when they are really little. The DF doesn't work for everybody, some babies are better off without it and just feed when they wake by themselves.

You aren't meant to wake them for the DF either - you need to pick her up whilst still asleep and gently put the bottle in her mouth and she should automatically start to suck. As it's a relaxed feed you shouldn't need to wind her either, just lay her gently back down hopefully still asleep.

Do you get the hourly wakings every night?

Laura

Offline jasmina101

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 18:57:45 pm »
My LO is 13 weeks old I've tried just picking her up and putting bottle in her mouth but she jus doesn't take it at all!! So i change her nappy and she slightly sleep not fully awake,  the dream feed as I understood was meant to take her through just a bit longer from say 11-5? No not getting hourly waking at all she goes through sometimes 5/6 hours with out df but only sleeps 1-2 hours after that. So not sure what to do really thanks xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 21:32:04 pm »
If you don't feel it's working I would just leave her and feed when she wakes. Neither of my kids took to the DF so they would wake around midnight and then maybe once more (well, DD anyway, DS was a nightmare!). As they got bigger the feed moved later.

How is it going now?

Laura