Author Topic: Dreamfeed disturb sleeping through the night?  (Read 1745 times)

Offline newbie_momsie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dreamfeed disturb sleeping through the night?
« on: July 25, 2015, 06:07:18 am »
DD just turned 7 months and these days the dream feeds wake her up. Do you think dreamfeeds interfers with her sleep cycle and and ability to sleep through the night? She wakes early at 5am so I worry if dreamfeeds disturbs her sleeping so she wakes up early? Thoughts? I read Sleep Sense which recommended not to do DF.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Dreamfeed disturb sleeping through the night?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 06:14:20 am »
Hi I did DF and it worked brilliant for us. I would say though I had dropped it by this age as DS wasn't taking as much at morning feed. Is she only waking at 5am and not through the night, sorry was a tad confused?

Why don't you try it without one night and see what happens?
Zoe

Offline newbie_momsie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 18:05:30 pm »

Thx for your reply!

She isnt established on solids yet so i haven't stopped dreamfeeding. Did you phase DF out or just dropped it cold turkey? My little one doesn't like to eat so even after 6 to 8 hrs of sleep she still doesn't want to drink so we have to force her sometimes if she only drinks 70ml after 6 to 8 hrs.

Yes, she only wakes up around 5am. She might stir in the middle of the night but usually falls back to sleep by herself.

I am hesistant to drop DF right now because with the DF she drinks 4 times a day about 520 ml in total. If i drop it she will drink about 400 ml.

The DF woke her up last night but she fell back to sleep and woke around 7am. She did stir around 5am but went back to sleep herself. This morning she was cranky. Not sure if it was because of her vaccination from yesterday or lack of sleep because she was disturbed by the dreamfeed so she had broken sleep. For her first nap she woke up early too after 38 mins crying when she normally sleeps for 1.5 hrs. Again....seems like OT but i dont know from what?! She does 3 to 3 hr 15 min of A time at her age. I am puzzled by her behaviour this morning.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 18:29:07 pm by newbie_momsie »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 19:38:30 pm »
I did phase it out over a couple of weeks by dropping a couple of oz every few days then went cold turkey it was 3oz.
What time do u DF?
I'd possibly say the 5am wu is more likely to be routine, teeth or developmental issues if she isn't that hungry on wu.

You could post on the general sleep of NW board if you wants some more views on the reason did the EW..
Zoe

Offline newbie_momsie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 22:04:33 pm »
Her dinner feed is around 5pm so her dream feed could be at 930pm, 10pm or 1030pm depending when DH can do it.

Thx for the suggestion on posting under general sleep. I already done it last week and have been getting very good help and support :)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 07:12:07 am »
We did start bringing it earlier when we started dropping it so could be worth trying that.

Could you make her dinner park of milk intake by adding say a milky pudding or using milk in a sauce then you'd be getting some of her daily needs in without worrying about the feed?x
Zoe