Author Topic: Teething and decreased bottle intake  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Hnmorris87

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 26, 2015, 04:51:54 am »
My 7mo is cutting a tooth right now and is barely drinking her bottles. She was consistently at about 29oz and 3 solid meals a day but today only took 16 oz! She eats her solids fine still but she tends to get constipated if she's not drinking enough so I cut her solids down to see if she would take more formula and it didn't work! I feel like she's gonna starve! Not to mention she still takes a dream feed (which she often wakes up for..ugh) and wakes one other time a night to feed and has no problem eating at those times so I feel like I should keep feeding her then even though I would love to drop those feeds. She cut another tooth like 2 weeks ago so I feel like this is going on forever and I'll never be able to train her to sleep through the night! Suggestions???

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Teething and decreased bottle intake
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 18:36:10 pm »
I would get rid of the night feed and dreamed to be honest! At this age you are needing to get rid of both feeds really, but start with the nightfeed then drop the dreamfeed.

Athough the teething could be playing a part it's more likely that she's getting too many calories after bedtime which is having an impact on her day time feeds. If you reduce the nightfall by 1oz every 3 nights until it's gone she will make it up in the day, maybe not straight away, it may take a few days but she will adjust. If it is just teething it usually passes after a couple of days.

Babies won't starve themselves, if they are well and hungry they will eat!

Laura