Author Topic: 11 Week old taking little in the day and hardly any @7pm  (Read 1480 times)

Offline kattyrose86

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 Week old taking little in the day and hardly any @7pm
« on: August 11, 2015, 07:18:00 am »
Hi, I am hoping someone can give me some advice?

My 11 week old baby girl is bottle fed and only tends to take 3oz at every day time feed and is feeding every 3-4 hours. I do her bath at 6.30pm and bottle before bed, recently she is pretty much refusing to take her 7pm bottle and has gone from doing 7pm - 2am - 7am to 7pm - 11pm - 4am - 7am - I appreciate that she will still wake in the night at the moment but feel like we have taken 10 steps backwards. She tends to scream after her bath and I am wondering if this is making her too tired to feed?

I just think the combination of both taking much at each feed in the day and then refusing 7pm bottle is never going to get her through the night!

Its also worth noting that her 7am feed when she gets up she is rarely interested in!?

Any advice would be really helpful!!

thanks

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 11 Week old taking little in the day and hardly any @7pm
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 10:28:09 am »
Hi and welcome!

What flow teat do you have her on? Does she feed comfortably when she does feed - any arching or refusing?

It could be that she is just too tired to eat at bedtime - how are her naps during the day? You could try bathing in the morning for a few days to see if just a quick top and tail at bedtime makes a difference. Or you can try giving her a bottle before bath and a top up bottle after her bath.

Laura

Offline kattyrose86

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 07:31:45 am »
Hi Laura

Thanks for getting back to me!

She is on Dr Browns number 2 flow teat, but i have bought the next level (3) yesterday to try. She does Arch and refuse.

She naps really well in the day so I don't think there is any issue there, She tends to have 3  x  1 hour naps and a cat nap at 5.30 ish....I was thinking of bottle before bed tonight to see if that helps, so maybe bottle at 6pm then bath afterwards. I like doing her bath at night as part of a routine but it just seems to upset her feeding. I am wondering if all the crying after her bath is tiring her out.

It just seems that after 4pm she really struggles to feed. Im wondering if its a bit of Colic too maybe? But i heard that was meant to disappear at 3 months?

Thanks again for your help, ill try Bottle then bath tonight and see how i get on.

Kate

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 20:45:02 pm »
How's it going now?

I know it seems like she is napping well, but naps under 1.5 hours don't tend to be restorative so it could be that she is just too tired by the end of the day to feed well. Have you tried extending her naps at all?

Laura