Author Topic: 8 month mpi wondering if soy too  (Read 2011 times)

Offline LadyA

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 29, 2015, 01:13:03 am »
So in April we found out my daughter was milk protein intolerant. Her symptoms were major constipation and fussyness. She has reflux also although I have not tried to stop meds since being dairy free. I am 4 months dairy free exclusively bf her and I saw an improvement after 1 week elimination. But now 4 months later she is constantly rubbing her face when she wakes up... She was swaddled till 5 months and after we stopped its always this face rubbing. I'm thinking it's cause she is tired cause she only does it when she is sleepy. But she is getting worse and worse sleep she wakes up and rubs her face so hard it makes her cry :( I'm so tired and it just gets worse it seems. She use to sleep one 5-6 hour stint at night so I know she can.. People keep mentioning soy but I'm having a hard time believing it would just now be so bad. Am I in denial???

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 8 month mpi wondering if soy too
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 20:40:59 pm »
Hi - sorry I missed this post but I have been over on your other there trying to help! Is the face rubbing improving now her sleep is starting to?

Does he have any eczema anywhere?

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 00:59:42 am »
The face rubbing still happens but it does seem better more like a tired thing so I'm guessing it was just tired. She has had eczema once that I think was from pineapple as that was the only new food introduced. But overall I'm thinking she was just not getting good sleep bring up so much and what not!!!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 17:41:34 pm »
I rub my face when I am tired too  ;) so think it is probably that if she doesn't really have any other symptoms x

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 20:20:33 pm »
Yea it was just so violent and it's the first thing she does when she wakes up in the middle of the night so you can see how it would cause issues. But hopefully getting her to sleep better will mean less face rubbing :) baby steps

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 21:39:21 pm »
Of course, she does have a lovey you could introduce to keep her hand occupied?

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 03:15:05 am »
What's a lovey?

Ok a quick google answered that, I have been giving her a small stuffed cat to hold onto for about a month but it seems no matter what she has to hold she still runs her face. But I'm using the stuffed animal to help her settle herself since she likes handholding and it seems to help that. Unless I try to keep something in both hands but I dunno she doesn't really grip anything but hands it seems.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:17:30 am by LadyA »