Author Topic: 8 month old ftm. Feel like I'm not doing enough  (Read 1871 times)

Offline LadyA

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
8 month old ftm. Feel like I'm not doing enough
« on: August 31, 2015, 13:53:18 pm »
I'm in need of some good A time activities. I feel like I'm not doing enough and want her to be entertained and love A time.
So far we have a jumper walker and a box full of toys in the living room. She will happily play sometimes by herself sometimes she wants us there. But I feel like she gets bored and then wants to nap before A time is up. I'm trying to get at least 3 hour A time with is actually pretty hard in the morning she see sleep after an hour. But if I put her in the walker or jumper tired she just cries. I just want more ideas to keep her entertained and going!!! Right now the car isn't a good idea cause she always falls asleep so I till she gets use to extended A times I wanna only go in the car around nap time if needed.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 8 month old ftm. Feel like I'm not doing enough
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 17:45:37 pm »
Sorry to see you didn't get any replies!
Did you see this?
Toy, Activity, and Book Ideas for Babies and Toddlers
At 8 months mine absolutely loved looking at picture books, being read to, being sung too (clapping together things like that), dancing, although I think a lot of our time was taken with feeding, he was self feeding finger foods so it was quite a lengthy process but also really great for developing all sorts of things (speech, fine motor, how the world works...)

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 20:47:51 pm »
Maybe she is a High Sleep need child & just does like to sleep. My DS1 was still on 3 naps/day until 9mo & no way did he do 3hours A time at that age, pity my DS2 was the opposite LOL

I used to take my boys on walks around the garden, & house showing them things etc. I am "old school" in that I hate walkers & jumpers & things like that & go with "if it was around 2000 years ago then that's what nature intended" so my children spent lots of time holding balls (maybe that is why they throw & catch well now LOL) looking at books & things that worked on hand eye coordination rather than anything else.

Is she crawling & moving yet (my DS1 didn't until 10.5months) because if she is then really that is the best thing to let her be entertained, to just crawl around, if she isn't tummy time with a toy in front etc... really the sitting & the tummy time are the best "activities" at this age as they start to work on the movement side of things. Also anything that is hand eye has major long term benefits, so clear plastic balls that have something inside that they can look at are great... but really that crawling side ie  tummy time, sitting up etc are the best options.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 08:49:30 am »
I am "old school" in that I hate walkers & jumpers & things like that
Me too. I've been told some stuff about them not being good for their backs later in life. I totally agree with floor time rather than bouncer/walkers.