Author Topic: Staying awake for 45 mins + at bedtime  (Read 3432 times)

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: Staying awake for 45 mins + at bedtime
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 16:15:29 pm »
I honestly found that the less I woke DD, the better things got. She often surprised me by taking a good nap after a really good night. If you stop waking him and he does stop napping and keep on with 12hr nights then you know he's really ready to drop the nap.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 11:04:45 am »
Well I didn't have to wake him. He's been going to bed 7/730 and waking 12 hours later at 7!  He also has refused the nap the past 3 days ugh! But he gets wired and delirious and into a lot of trouble ;). Not only is the no nap hard his behavior is too. He's not his normal self the rest of the afternoon we are off routine because he gets tired and just wants to lay around watching tv. He doesn't want to play or color etc he just gets into trouble throwing toys not listening etc. will this end when he gets used to the 12 hour day without a nap?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 12:01:47 pm »
Last night be went to bed at 7 a 12 hour day no nap passed out in a minute and he's still asleep at 8 am! 13 hours night sleep! I wish he would take a 1 hour nap to get him through the day better instead of 13 at night !

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 10:55:34 am »
What if I tried a later nap like 2pm for an hour? Or will that bring bedtime to late. I was always afraid that a late nap would do that? But that seems to be around when he gets tired and asks for a nap. I've always assumed bedtime struggles were because there wasn't enough A time before bed but could I be wrong? He's doing about 11.5-12 hour day and sleeping 12-13 hours at night. Just s thought. He hasn't napped in 5 days now!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 13:22:00 pm »
I think Hun he's transitioning to no nap.  He's consistently adding to his night. TBH I would go with it.

I think the nap at two would need to be capped to a half hour/45 mins and I still think bedtime would need to be 8.30. And I know he's hard to wake and form can be rough if he's wakened.

I'd let him do what he is doing. He may need a catch up nap day every 5/6 days otherwise I'd just go with allowing him to have his longer night.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 22:49:33 pm »
Yeah I'm trying to just go with the flow and u stud offer the nap everyday around 1. Just hope his behavior gets better as he adjusts. :) thanks

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 11:51:22 am »
Starting to get ew's...any suggestions?