Author Topic: SEBT for 33 month old?  (Read 1628 times)

Offline bloosiern

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: October 10, 2015, 16:54:11 pm »
Things have gotten so wacky as far as a schedule goes over the last several weeks and no matter how hard I try things won't get back on track.  Inconsistent nap and night lengths and BT's that are all over the map.  She's definitely Seems OT most days but sometimes I think it's due to being UT initially.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with purposely skipping a nap and doing SEBT (5/530) for a few days to work things out?

It's not possible to keep a SEBT and drop the nap completely due to work schedules but I'm just wondering if a few days of it might break the UT/OT cycle and get her better rested.

Also, I'm curious what other 33 month olds schedules look like right now?
Lisa

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: SEBT for 33 month old?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 19:25:16 pm »
Hi there, just wondered what your current routine is like? How long is she napping, how long an A time before and after the nap, etc? Does she struggle to get off to sleep for naps, or does she just wake up at different times? IME skipping a nap before they're ready often just resulted in more OT, early evening NWs and/or EWs; once starting the transition it was more a case of EBT the next day, even with the nap, as he was just more tired after a NND. But of course they're all different... We had more success gently pushing the nap later and capping it shorter, so getting him more tired for BT and doing a better night so being more rested the next day and so on. As far as I can remember, around 33mo we were on around 1h nap, with I think 6.5h A time before the nap, can't remember about BT, maybe 5h after the nap but not really sure I'm afraid. But bear in mind that he was on the late side for every nap transition, think he was 49mo by the time he finally dropped his naps.

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 19:41:27 pm »
My DD is 30 months. She only really naps now if she's in the buggy or car and I cap at about 15 mins.

If she's OT I definitely find an EBT works better to catch her up rather than a longer nap.
Lauren

Offline Aishi

• Showing Appreciation 105
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 20:37:26 pm »
My dd dropped her nap at 2.5yo almost cold turkey :-/ before that she was doing 2.5-3h nap in a 12h day. Anyway reason I posted was that sebt worked well for us. She could only cope with 10h nnds initially so that's what I went with. Bt was often 5/5.30, 4.45 sometimes too but she's HSN and did pull 14h nights! Hth
aishi :)

Offline bloosiern

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 22:56:17 pm »
Thanks ladies!

I can't really post a typical day right now because everything is so all over the place.  Previously her typical WU was 630/645 with a nap at 1230/1 and asleep for the night by 730/745.  She definitely still needs a nap but sometimes she fights it and by the time she falls asleep for 1h15-1h30 she's getting up after 3 which then pushes BT too late and we end up OT all over again.

I can't figure out whether she's trying to drop the nap/shorten it and it's driving me crazy!
Lisa

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 12:46:14 pm »
Try pushing the nap out a bit, even just 15mins later would help my DS to end up actually falling asleep earlier than before. If that doesn't work, try another 15mins later... If napping after 3 spells danger for you, then just cap at 3 (or earlier if you think better), and if you feel that she messed around for so long that she didn't end up napping long enough and is really tired, then try EBT - but I probably wouldn't make it SEBT after a nap, iyswim?