Author Topic: How late can the nap be during the 1-0 - what worked for you?  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
How late can the nap be during the 1-0 - what worked for you?
« on: October 18, 2015, 08:28:31 am »
So I think my days of enjoying Y time might be finally coming to a close  :'(

With help from here (as always), we capped DD's nap drastically when she was 22mo to one hour, this has worked fine until a couple of weeks ago.

Now we're getting messing about at nap time, so I know she's UT. However she does go to sleep eventually and is now very unhappy at being woken. I'm hesitant to push BT back too much later as I really quite enjoy my BW, DH and wine time in the evening!  ;). We are getting EW from 5.30am onwards where she's happy to play around in bed until I come and get her. Also some NW's every couple of days where she asks to go for a wee (she was DT potty trained a few weeks ago).

Routine was:
Wu 6.30
Nap 1-2
BT 7.30 asleep 8ish (has always taken 30mins doesn't matter what time BT is)

I know I've been luckily to keep the nap where it is so far so I was just wondering how late I can push the nap without it messing about with BT too much?

We've done NND's and she copes brilliantly but don't think it will be sustainable long term quite yet. She is a child that thrives on routine and very much doubt she'd fall asleep on the sofa as she's only ever done this once when very poorly. I think I'd have to put her to bed to get a nap. Would a 30mins nap at say 1.30-2pm be worth the bother if anyone has any experience? Or 2-2.30pm? I feel like it's all a guessing game so if anyone has any words of wisdom they'd be gratefully appreciated!

Oh forgot to mention, she is teething but doesn't seem to bother her this time?

Sorry this post turned out huge and I was only going to post a quick question, oops!  :P xx

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: How late can the nap be during the 1-0 - what worked for you?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 09:00:51 am »
Our nap pushed to 2.30 before it finally went with no impact. And DS is an early bird so was regularly up at 5am.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 09:40:08 am »
Our nap was as late as 2-4pm with 8pm BT (asleep at 8pm).  Not all LOs can take such a short A time to BT but some can, moving the nap later doesn't always mean later BT.  You might be able to do 1.30 - 2.30 and still have the 8pm BT.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 17:51:55 pm »
My DS had to be up by 3pm or BT was way too late for my liking and EW too.
Zoe

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 05:48:50 am »
Medi naps from 2 to 2:30 most days.  She used to start her nap at 12:30 and over time it's gotten later and shorter and I make sure she's up by 2:30. Any later and she has trouble falling asleep at bedtime at 7:30.  She's almost 25 months. 

Offline Hedgehog17

• Showing Appreciation 71
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 05:56:45 am »
Some days DS was napping 3-4pm! Fortunately it didn't affect BT, and by then we were doing some NNDs.

DS also loves his routine but the NNDs didn't upset him. We only did them for 2-3 months before the nap went completely!

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 06:58:08 am »
This is really interesting, thanks so much all. :-*

We had a day out yesterday so she napped in the car from 2.15-2.45pm. Still messing around at BT as per usual but asleep by 8, then woke at 7am this morning! First time we've had 11hrs ONS for a lomg time with a nap! Now I don't know what to do with this information  ::). I'm thinking the nap was slightly too late for her as she wasn't her usual happy self for the rest of the afternoon. I might try your routine today Sarah and see how we go xx

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 11:59:11 am »
It's hard to work out isn't it, especially at this age when they are all so so different.
Nice you got a good night though :)