Author Topic: What is going on? Teeth? Sick? Paci dependent?  (Read 710 times)

Offline Vking

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
What is going on? Teeth? Sick? Paci dependent?
« on: October 20, 2015, 15:03:31 pm »
We've been doing EASY since week 1 with our now 7-month old. All of a sudden she won't sleep without nursing, paci or being held. We are also trying to drop DF- it's now 2 oz at 930.

I put her down without a paci but found out that our Au pair has been using a paci every day. Is she dependent?
Her cheeks are rosy and she's jamming her fingers in her mouth a lot. Is she teething? If so what do I do?

She is clingy- will sleep in my arms but wakes the moment I out her in her crib. We have never done napping while holding her.
What usually happens:
E 7am
A
E 830/9 breakfast of solids and nurse
S 930/10
Wake up 11 (we wake her) A
E 12 breast milk, 1230 solids with 2 oz bottle EBM
A
S 230-4 (we wake her)
E 4 - 8 oz bottle EBM
A
E 615 dinner solids  and 4 oz EBM
A
E nurse 730
S 8pm
DF 930 2 oz EBM

Yesterday and Today she had an early wake, was falling asleep in her high chair, fell asleep nursing, I woke her, took her to her room and put her down awake at 10AM.She cried, tossed and turned. I picked her up and she fell asleep in my arms. I put her down, more tears. At 10:30 I gave up and she's now playing with her brother.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 15:05:27 pm by Vking »

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: What is going on? Teeth? Sick? Paci dependent?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 15:48:19 pm »
The routine looks ok hun, so I'd suspect teething coupled with a bit of separation anxiety which can happen at this age. If anything the first. A is a little short compared to the last one 2.5hrs vs 4hrs. I'd be tempted to push that first A closer to 3hrs so you can reduce that last A back to 3.5hrs max. Possibly even less, my DD couldn't handle that lomg of an. A time before BT for ages. Maybe we try the 3hrs first A for a few days, then look at increasing again so we can chop more off that last A, wdyt?

I would try medicating with ibuprofen for teeth, sometimes it is just a phase and the revert back to being an IS afterwards and sometimes they need a little bit more encouragement. All we can do is deal with the problem atm which I strongly suspect is teething hun.

I'll be back in a mo with the link about separation anxiety for you xx

Separation Anxiety
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 15:52:31 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline Vking

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 16:39:31 pm »
Wow, thank you! I'd never heard of this before. My toddler is also going through separation anxiety. Your link was perfect. I will try these tips.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 18:34:28 pm »
Good luck hun and hope it passes soon, do pop back if you need to or just keep the thread and keep me updated ok? Xx