Author Topic: What to do when they don't follow the routine?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline RehbergBeans

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What to do when they don't follow the routine?
« on: October 27, 2015, 16:31:26 pm »
Goodmorning Everyone!

I am starting EASY w/ my 5.5 month old. I'm working on stretching A time to 2-2.5 hrs and hopefully will start to see longer naps. She's a great night sleeper, but naps for only 30 min at a time.

When we are starting the routine, what do I do if she wakes earlier than she's "supposed" to per the schedule? I just put her down at 9, and she's "supposed" to be down until 11, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Do I wait for her to cry and then do PU/PD? She usually just hangs out in her crib for a while.

One of my concerns is that she's been eating every 3 hrs (not 4 per the schedule), and when she wakes after an hour and cries, I'm not sure if she's crying b/c it's been 3 hrs and she's hungry, or if she doesn't want to go down again. I don't want to try to put her back down if she's screaming for food!

If I get her up earlier than the schedule, she'll have a looooonnng A time before bed!

Not sure what to do? Thank you!! :)

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: What to do when they don't follow the routine?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 00:34:49 am »
EASY is a routine not a schedule so it varies from baby to baby. That's the beauty of it. I would let her hang out in her crib a bit and get her up if she doesn't go back to sleep. If you think she's hungry feed her.

I have been helping you on your other thread also. To keep it simple, you can post all other routine questions there.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014