Author Topic: The 2-1 transition of nap time  (Read 708 times)

Offline MamaCooke

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 29, 2015, 16:25:00 pm »
Question, from what I read the average age when toddlers transition from 2 naps a day to 1 is 12-24months correct? I have a 9 month old and I think he may already be showing signs. A few times within the last couple weeks since BW "sleep training" his first nap has gone on to 2 hours. The other day I woke him up after 2 hours because I didn't want him to never be tired enough for second nap later and then be cranky near the end of the night but that's what happened anyhow. Tell me your tell tale signs of readiness for that transition and how you went about it successfully. How long does your toddlers once a day nap last and when do they go down?

Offline MamaCooke

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 16:43:03 pm »
I just don't know if I should wake him up after an hour to hour and a half after first nap so he'll be tired enough for second one or let him wake on his own for those 2 plus hour naps but push back nap time later than 1030 for one longer one.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: The 2-1 transition of nap time
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 18:13:19 pm »
Would you like to post your routine for me hun?

Mine went to one nap fully at 10-10.5mo, some can be earlier than that, some later. I'm sure we'll find a routine that we can hold for a few weeks to see you through the transition. It can be the older the bubbas are the better they are with coping with OT but that does also depend on their temperament too xx