Author Topic: Evening Catnap?  (Read 732 times)

Offline AMSxx8

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 03, 2015, 18:36:55 pm »
Hello All :-)

My DD will be 10 weeks on sunday, she follows 3hr EASY pretty well only waking up about 4am for a quick feed in which she doesn't really properly wake.

Where i lose my way though is in the evening so she does her 4pm feed then about 5:15 she goes down for her catnap, getting up at 6. What I'm struggling with is what we do between 6 and her next feed at 7? ??? She is getting frustrated by 'playing' at this late in the day so I'm not really sure what the ideal is at this time?

At 7 we do feed and then bedtime routine aim for bed 7:30. Also we don't bath her everyday, what do you all do when you don't bath do you replace it with something different for the routine or make her playtime longer? I would like to be able to do her bedtime routine if we go out somewhere to try and keep it as 'routine' as possible, so we don't have an overly complicated routine.

Many Thanks for any help you can offer!

Alex x

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Evening Catnap?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 22:46:12 pm »
Honestly, I would often just hold DS in my lap and read a book and sing some really quiet songs.  Sometimes he even just sat in his bouncy chair while I prepped dinner.  I bath both boys every day but I don't use soap every time.  I always clean their bits and pieces and then a full body scrub only happens once every 3 days I think.  They both love the bath and now that there's the two of them it's a riot.  If we're at my parents place or the in-laws, we still do the bath.  Otherwise we usually have a sitter come watch the boys so I don't have a solution for you there.