Author Topic: Bunged up baby!  (Read 1485 times)

Offline champyhan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 03, 2015, 21:23:26 pm »
Hi
I have a 4 week oldandujntil last week I was combination feeding.now lo is purely on aptamiland seems bujnged up! He is going to toilet only once per day and and it seems to be making him uncomfortable and affecting his sleep..especially atg night..I have tried massgging the tummy, warm baths and cooled boiled water..today someone mentioned using very diluted orange juice to help things along..what dopeople think?
Any other suggestions to 'declog'?!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Bunged up baby!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 21:30:45 pm »
Welcome to the boards!

He is very little still and his digestive system is getting used to the change to formula. I wouldn't give any orange juice however diluted unless a Dr has advised you to. How much cooled boiled water did you give? Be careful with that too as it's very easy to give too much - I was advised no more than an oz or 2 (30-60ml) in 24 hours.

You should find it settles as he gets used to the formula, and his digestive system generally is still working out what it's meant to be doing so being unsettled is very common. It may be worth considering switching to an easy digest formula as they usually have a stool softener in them (the Aptamil certainly used to!). If you are concerned you should get him checked out by a medical professional before you try any home remedies or swapping formula again.

Laura