Author Topic: 30 min naps - ruining EASY routine - HELP  (Read 1080 times)

Offline mimi1981

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
30 min naps - ruining EASY routine - HELP
« on: November 10, 2015, 16:30:42 pm »
Hi everyone,

This is my first post but I have been reading the forum for a while.My daughter is almost 10 weeks and in the last 2 weeks we have started struggling with her day time naps - she sleeps for 30mins and wakes up wide a wake...

I have tried putting my hand on her or shushing and patting back to sleep or just leaving her but it does not seem to work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think due to her short naps we're having a few issues at night. She goes down at 7pm - may need a little resettling, but then is fast asleep until 10.45pm when we do a DF. she takes only about 50-75ml and then is awake at 2am-ish but with a dummy can sleep until 3.30 when i feed her, however she does wake every 40-60mins or so.after her 3.30am feed she goes down but is very restless till 6,30 am -waking up numerous times until i feed her again at 6.30am

I may have created a problem with the dummy so any advice on how normal/ abnormal the above is and how to fix this would be truly appreciated.
thank you in advance

Wanted to also ask for some advice on the EASY routine as my LO is a very efficient feeder - she eats for 10minutes maximum. Could you suggest a routine for me?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 17:31:51 pm by mimi1981 »

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 30 min naps - ruining EASY routine - HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 05:22:19 am »
Hi there!  I'm so sorry you were somehow missed!  To be totally honest, I see absolutely nothing wrong with what's happening so far.  Unfortunately, lots of babies go through a period of sleep where they will only short nap, and there's literally nothing you can do to change that.  Some babies do it around 3 -5 months, both my boys did it earlier, around 2-3 months.  If you want to post your EASY, we can see if anything needs to be tweaked but it sounds like you're ok.
Regarding the NW's, I wouldn't suggest trying to wean your baby off NF's at this young age.  If your baby is waking at night, she is likely hungry and you may find she sleeps better throughout the night if you feed her when he wakes.  If she's just restless, i.e.: lots of snurfulling, moving around, grunting etc. sadly, some babies are just noisy sleepers.  It doesn't seem to both them but man is it disruptive to our sleep! 
Both my boys were also really efficient eaters but that didn't alter the EASY at all, it just meant we had more time to do stuff before it was nap time again! I hope this helps a bit.