Author Topic: 17m old suddenly playing in crib  (Read 1742 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
17m old suddenly playing in crib
« on: November 11, 2015, 17:27:47 pm »
DS was always easy to put down for naps and BT. Very early on he made it clear he wanted to be left alone in his crib to settle. Now that hes older I'm not sure whats going on. We know hes tired when he wants his paci and blanket and will lay on me, the floor, the couch, anywhere with them. So I put him in his crib and he starts playing. The play turns in to fussiness and eventually he will settle. Is this just part of the age? I generally don't go in and resettle but sometimes I need to which makes it worse before it gets better usually.

[/url]

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
Re: 17m old suddenly playing in crib
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 20:23:24 pm »
Hey there, how are you doing? :-* Any chance he might be in a wonder week or something? And/or in need of a routine tweak? Could you post your EASY and then we can put our heads together... :)

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 22:34:10 pm »
Yes definitely will when I'm on my computer at home...thanks!

[/url]

Offline ginger428

• Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 18:43:02 pm »
Hi 1stimer! Remember when he wasn't sleeping independently at all? What a ways you both have come! Curious what your EASY is too.

18mo symptoms started for us right around 17-17.5mo. BT shenanigans was a big one and he started taking 30-45 min to fall asleep. I started putting him in bed 15-20 min earlier to account for this and A LOT of evening activity to tire him out. Once that got better, I stopped putting him to bed earlier, but almost past his BT so that he would be tired for it (and also in prep for the DST change).

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 19:06:53 pm »
I know we have come so far!!! I actually started a new thread bc I couldn't find this one lol! I guess this is normal around this age? I think part of his problem was that he is ready for an early nap, like 1000, when he wakes up around 630, so when I have to hold him off so we can go pick up DD from school at noon he falls asleep in the car and if he wakes after 15 minutes he THINKS hes rested and hes not. And at BT we have been trying to get tons of activity in before BT to wear him out but sometimes it doesn't work so I'm wondering if its OT? Especially if he only got 15-30 in the car. Hes usually ready for bed around 645 but this dang time change has thrown so much off.

[/url]